Unable to transfer funds between supposedly linked bank account and PayPal account

MJBarbatos
New Community Member

I have transferred a sum of money from my supposedly linked Hong Kong bank account to my Paypal. The transaction to the payee was successful, but it was not as an instruction to add funds to my PayPal account, so I did not receive the funds in my account. 

Similarly, when I tried to withdraw a sum of money from my PayPal to my supposedly linked bank account, the payment was refunded since it did not go through. I tried removing and re-adding my bank account with no errors in details, but the same issue occurred.

I would like to know what could be done in order to have transaction refunded to my bank account or transferred into my PayPal account as per the transaction if possible, and what could be done to re-establish a stable link between my PayPal account and bank account, as it seems like removing it and adding it again does not work. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @MJBarbatos,

Welcome to our community help forum and thank you for your post!

Sorry to hear that you're not able to add or withdraw money in your PayPal account. Have you confirmed your bank account to initiate successful transactions? If not, please confirm your bank account before processing the withdrawals in your PayPal account. To confirm your bank account, we send 2 small deposits (each between 0.01 and 0.99 HKD) to your bank account.

The deposits should arrive in your bank account within 2 to 5 working days. You can review your bank statement or contact your bank to find out the exact amounts of these deposits. With this information, you can complete the confirmation process online. Here’s how:

Click Wallet near the top of the page.
Click Ready to confirm on the bank account that you're going to confirm.
Enter the exact amounts of the 2 deposits. For example, if the amounts you received are 0.12 and 0.07, enter 0.12 and 0.07.
Click confirm.

You can also add money using your confirmed bank account and you can learn more about Topping up your PayPal account here. The money will usually arrive in your account within 3-6 business days. We’ll send you an email when the money’s in your PayPal account. If the issue persists, please reach out to our team through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page for additional assistance.

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.