Unable to receive money

Tibzzz
New Community Member
I'm unable to receive money, what could be wrong? Error message sender received is "your recipient can't receive payments right now"
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tibzzz 

The option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tibzzz 

The option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Willjoe
Contributor
Contributor

it can mean “invalid email address” or “invalid account details.” If people still can't send you money, do check your account details. Maybe you changed your email address and forgot to update your account information. If this is a new account, verify your account information and linked 

Regards,

Will

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willjoe 

They can't RECEIVE paypal payments in Nigeria so no idea what you are on about !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

CoachMcLean
New Community Member

I have experienced the same thing and I am from Namibia. It should mean the same thing for many other African countries.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CoachMcLean 

There are many countries in Africa that can accept paypal payments but unfortunately Namibia is not one of them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.