Unable to accept pending payment

chief42
Contributor
Contributor

For the last 2 or so years I've been getting paid for freelance work via paypal every Monday without any problems until now. For some reason this week's payment was sent as an echeck, saying I had to wait a few days before it shows up in my account. Every time I clicked accept on the transaction page it refreshed showing the exact same details with the pending and decline buttons still there. After looking for some answers I thought it'd help if I add USD to my account (I get paid in USD but paypal always converts it to GBP when I accept it). The next time I hit accept the buttons disappeared but the payment still shows up as pending.

It's been a few days and I got an email from paypal about the same payment saying I've got money. I check to see if it's gone through and nope, still pending and the accept button isn't there. The email also says  I need to verify my email address but as far as I know it's been verified because I tried updating my account details but it tells me I'm already using that email address. The help centre takes me on a roundabout of useless answers to questions I can't ask because of the horrible automated system and I'm starting to get pretty annoyed by the whole situation. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @chief42

Thanks for visiting the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the negative experience you've had with this payment. How the payment the was sent (an eCheck, instant transfer, or credit card payment) is all dependent on the sender. On average, most eChecks take 5-7 business days to clear. As soon as it clears, it'll deposit into your PayPal account. If you continue to have any trouble with the payment, I recommend contacting Customer Support. You can contact Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Support is also available if you send a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal.

I hope the payment clears soon! 

- Meghan  

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.