Ukraine FAQ 2022

esupport
Contributor
Contributor

We've expanded our services for new and current Ukrainian customers and we’re waiving PayPal’s fees to help during this humanitarian crisis. Customers in Ukraine using a Mastercard from Universal Bank (including Mono Bank), Alpha Bank, and UKRgasbank may not be able to use this card to transfer funds out of their PayPal Wallet.  Visa cards issued by these banks can be used to transfer funds.  We will update when and if this changes.  Visit our FAQ for more details.

Actually link to FAQ is not work. Let's collect all Ukraine User Experiences on this topic?

[removed]

• Request for open information [removed]: pending
  • Payment is passed at the link for verification: no one try to donate
  • Withdraw status: absent

Waiting for updates!

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

MaxOwl
Contributor
Contributor

I still in the Ukraine. Although PayPal wrote "Ukrainian customers can now send and receive payments between family and friends, through 30 June 2022",

my account have this status:

Your Account May Only Be Used to Send Money

As a PayPal Send Only account holder, you are not permitted to receive funds from other PayPal account holders.

Is incredible:

I still under fire, 9 of my friends died, I starve. One of my friends want to help me from outside of Ukraine, and PayPal say I can only Send Money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@designtimz 

Try reading this thread, you are missing the point. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

designtimz
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Try to learn how to properly use exclamation points and be prepared to get an answer if you overdo it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@designtimz 

Yep, its a forum, not doing my thesis so I will use them however I wish to, to be honest !!! 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MaxOwl
Contributor
Contributor

Not working. We cant receive money. 

Login to Me Too

Hill_68

Nothing works. I am in Canada, and I tried to request a transfer of money from Ukraine today. My Canadian PayPal account doesn't even have the option to select Ukrainian Hryvnia to convert to Canadian Dollar. Unfortunately, the service is extremely unsatisfactory and PayPal is not reliable.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi @Hill_68

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

Your question is very account specific, and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hill_68 

You can't send a money request to the Ukraine as they only have the option to accept friends/family payments and not payments for goods/services which a money request is.

Secondly they can't accept local currency only USD, CAD, GBP and EUR as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/ua/smarthelp/article/faq4646

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.