Trying to Transfer Money from Canada to friend in US but will not go through.

ChanandlerBong7
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all!

I am trying to send money to an American friend of mine to pay for a communal Airbnb but both her phone number and her email give me an error after choosing professional or personal as an option. When search for her account name it states that there is no one found. I have gone through all the various steps which normally prevent transactions such as security and bank account confirmation but it has not changed anything. I recently confirmed my identity and got the email confirmation as well. Last year I sent money to a different American friend which had no issues although I did that one through his name and account rather than email or phone number. I am wondering what is preventing this transaction from my side and any insight would be appreicated

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ChanandlerBong7
Contributor
Contributor

Just to tack on some extra information, I also tried adding a new card to see if that would fix the issue and it did not. I also can still pay through paypal for various other things such as games and I have not had any issues paying through paypal to other countries. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ChanandlerBong7

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to you've run into some issues transferring funds to a friend in the US. Thanks for letting us know what you've tried already. Has your friend completed setting up their account yet? As long as their email is spelled correctly and confirmed on PayPal, you should not have any issue finding it to send money to. 

You may also want to ask them to send you a money request or invoice. However, please make sure your friend reviews our fees and when they apply. 

Good luck with this and future transactions, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.