Transferring My PayPal Balance Internationally

andreamoi
Contributor
Contributor

I have a US and an Italian PayPal account. Today, I attempted transferring my US balance to my Italian account. However, I was never presented the option to send using my balance - it repeatedly prompted me to send from my connected bank account.

How do I send specifically my PayPal balance of one account to another, and how do I do so preferably without fees?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andreamoi 

If the funds are in your balance then are they in Euros or USD as they need to be in the correct currency.

Secondly use the friends/family option to send the funds fee free as long as no conversion charges apply. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andreamoi
Contributor
Contributor
, thanks for your reply! I can transfer in either currency to either currency. To clarify, my problem seems a bit more technical: when I attempt to send my PayPal balance to my other account, it doesn’t offer me the option of “using” the Balance; instead, it only offers me to draw it from my connected bank account. Hence I wanted to know if there was a way to see that PayPal draws the money from my PayPal balance and “not” my bank account. Maybe it’s a glitch or a bug, but when I tried to process this transaction, I was not offered the “PayPal balance” option.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.