Transferring Funds/Different Country Accounts

Bluecom
Contributor
Contributor

Get your coffee, or whatever suits you, because I'll explain my issue in details.

As the title says, I need to transfer my entire funds from my Jordanian (JO) account to my Filipino (PH) account. I currently have 2 Paypal accounts: One for Jordan and one for the Philippines. Both are personal accounts. I reside in the Philippines now and I want to get hold of my balance. I'm already aware that Paypal is country specific based on exploring the website's rules and community posts, meaning to say I cannot touch my balance if I'm in the Philippines. Thus, the reason I created the Filipino account. I have tried to check if I can send the balance through "Friends and Family" option, but it doesn't seem to be available in Jordan, so I didn't initiate the manual transfer. It doesn't make sense for me to pay fees to transfer my money to myself. I also made sure to make both accounts have the same primary currency to avoid any possible fees.

I have contacted Customer Service, and they don't seem as helpful as I hoped. They told me that Paypal is country specific, they have referred me to their service email, and the Resolution Center regarding account limitations. Account limitations seem irrelevant to me since I don't own a Business account. The last thing an agent told me is that I should contact them from my other account, since I only contacted them with the account that has the funds (Jordanian). So I switched accounts and even waited an hour for their next response, but I'm beginning to think that there may be different employees/agents for different countries. That puts me back to nowhere.

My next plan is to probably contact agents that help PH accounts and see what they have to say.

But if this option fails and I get nothing new that is useful: How should I proceed with this issue?

Shall I give up and be forced to send my balance manually?

I only want to have my money transferred without unnecessary fees involved. Something as simple as that might be strict for security measures but it also should be convenient and easy to its users.

What are your tips and thoughts? What else should I know? That would be very appreciated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

andreamoi
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Bluecom,

Excellent question, and I recently had a very similar issue. (I have a US and an Italian PayPal account.)

While I don't have a permanent solution to suggest for you (I myself am looking for such), I do have a possibly temporary quick-fix solution. It requires that you have a debit/credit card in the country you're sending to. I just tried said solution, and it worked - i.e., I was able to transfer all my funds over without fees.

Here's what to do:

1. Log in to the account you want to transfer funds out of.

2. Go to "Send & Request."

3. Find and click the "Send to a bank account" option.

4. This should take you to Xoom, PayPal's international transfer service.

5. Follow the instructions, including providing the details of the debit card you want to send to.

6. The first transaction is waived of ANY fees up to $1000 (or equivalent in your country).

7. The transfer reportedly takes less than an hour.

8. Assuming your debit card is connected to your new PayPal account, you can then transfer the funds into said account from your debit card, again without any fees.

So, assuming you:

1. Have less than $1000 (or equivalent) to transfer;

2. Have a debit card in the country you're sending to;

3. Have already connected or can connect your debit card to the respective PayPal account;

4. Follow the above instructions and/or simply use the Xoom service

Then you should be able to complete your transfer fee-free!

Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

BeyondBanks
New Community Member

Has any one done this successfully.... I have a USD account in the UK and want to transfer funds from Paypal there.... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.