Transfer, who refunds paypal?

MentallyStrong
Contributor
Contributor

If I send money to someone and its an Instant transfer (they got the money already) but for some reason it doesn't clear my bank. Will they take the funds from the recipient or will they just continue to hit the senders account until its paid?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MentallyStrong 

If it’s an eCheck, PayPal may try a couple times to debit the funds from your bank but once the attempts are exhausted, the payment fails, the recipient will be notified of failed eCheck.

If it was an instant transfer you’re stuck with the bill, PayPal have paid ahead to recipient for you and will make attempts to debit your account to get paid, your PayPal balance will go in the negative. Your bank will charge NSFs. To resolve, top up your bank account asap only so PayPal may debit it. If you don’t and after they’ve exhausted # of attempts, they’ll tap your back up funding source (card).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MentallyStrong 

If it’s an eCheck, PayPal may try a couple times to debit the funds from your bank but once the attempts are exhausted, the payment fails, the recipient will be notified of failed eCheck.

If it was an instant transfer you’re stuck with the bill, PayPal have paid ahead to recipient for you and will make attempts to debit your account to get paid, your PayPal balance will go in the negative. Your bank will charge NSFs. To resolve, top up your bank account asap only so PayPal may debit it. If you don’t and after they’ve exhausted # of attempts, they’ll tap your back up funding source (card).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.