Transfer money from US PP account to EU?

volvorine
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Community, I have a US PP account but I'm not US citizen. I recently received a payment to my account but I cannot accept the payment since I am not US citizen, I have neither SSN nor ITIN. I also don't have an account at a US bank and I cannot deposit money there neither. Currently, the money is in the account but it is unavailable to me,it seems that I can't do anything with it. How can I transfer that money to EU bank or accept it and have it in my PP account?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@volvorine 

When you click to register a paypal account there is a drop down list of countries with U.S being the default top option as Paypal is a U.S company.
You then have to scroll down and click on your own country to open the correct Paypal account for that country.
You can't use another countries Paypal account as it would never work properly and may be limited.

If you have opened a U.S paypal account by mistake then you need to remove anything you have added and close it (if you can) and then open one for the correct country you are in.
Paypal is country specific and differs a lot country to country.

As for the funds if they are in your balance then try clicking on the transaction and using the refund option bottom of that details page issue a refund. Then open a paypal account in your correct country and ask the sender to pay again to the correct paypal account.

If not in your balance and you have been told to claim them but you can't then they will go back to the sender at 30 days if they remain unclaimed. 

If you can't refund and the funds have been claimed then as long as the sender used the goods/services option then tell them to file a dispute for non receipt of item which you don't respond to > escalate to a claim and they should get a refund from paypal from your balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.