Transfer from PayPal to personal bank account lost for 2 months

Letti83
Contributor
Contributor

I transferred money from my PayPal account to my personal bank account (approx USD 1,700) on 16 November and I have still not received the money. 

PayPal is not saying anything, not confirming anything, I cannot even have them confirm MY bank account number they transferred the money to. I have been in touch with at least 6 different customer agents through different messages and all they are saying is that the transfer was completed and that's all. I am not given any official transaction certificate, details, nothing. My bank is sending me to PayPal, PayPal is sending me to my bank and I feel completely helpless. Really, that's all? They lost my money and I am just left like this? What am I supposed to do to get my money? I am utterly disappointed and angry. Any suggestions on the next steps are welcome. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Letti83
Contributor
Contributor

@mateotin 

Yes, I did get my money finally. 

What happened is that PayPal transferred the money to an incorrect bank account even though I have not touched my bank account settings. 

My bank account is only 16 digits: xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-00000000 (as far as I know, you don't have to include the zeros). 

PayPal messed it up like this: xxxxxxxx-00000000-xxxxxxxx. 

I asked them to confirm the transfer details dozens of times but they never did on the ground I provide the bank account details and I have not changed it since 2008. I was actually begging them to do so but the answer was always No.

PayPal did not do anything until my bank confirmed they turned the money back to PayPal because they transferred to an incorrect account number. My bank provided all the transfer details which I sent to PayPal and with that, they credited the money on my PayPal account (but I had to send the reminders to do it asap). 

(Note: It may be useful info that my bank only took action when I filed an official complaint with them both via email and phone. In their first confirmation - which took 15 working days - they sent me an incorrect update so I had to file a second complaint where they confirmed 'Oh sorry, our previous letter to you included incorrect information and here the correct findings'. This was also so ridiculous). 

In the end, my bank even paid me a small compensation even though they were doing everything right. 
PayPal did not. They were like - you have your money now, all good, thanks for being a valuable member, blah blah blah. 

My transfer was on 16th Nov. 

It was completed on 17th Nov and my bank returned the money to PayPal on this very same day. 

It took me 2 months of going back and forth between my bank and PayPal, PayPal always asking for my patience until their accounting team provides details which they NEVER DID. 

PayPal is ridiculous. Their support during this incident was extremely poor. They completely let me down. 

I hope this helps!

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.