Transfer denied by PP but deducted from my bank. Bank and PP say they can't help...uh, what do I do?

kaly282
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to transfer money to my paypal debit card before traveling so I didn't need to bring my bank debit card. I initiated a $600 instant deposit on paypal, was told something like "incorrect information", and then paypal marked it as denied. I went to my bank account and there was an approved transaction for $600 so basically the money is available nowhere. I've contacted both paypal and my bank about what I should do next and they keep saying "Call the other party, it's not our problem here". This is a lot of money and I have no idea what to do to recover this. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks 😞

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @kaly282,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for your post!

I am so sorry to hear what has happened. I know this must be frustrating. When a transfer is declined on your PayPal account, it would mean we were unable to process it. 

If the funds have been taken from your bank account, but the transfer does not show in your PayPal account, this would suggest that the funds are still in your bank's system. 

I would suggest you contact your bank and request them to open a trace on the transfer. By completing a trace, they will be able to locate the funds and return them to you. If they require any further information when doing this, they can reach out to us directly. 

I hope you get this sorted!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.