Transaction history - how to identify Friends & family payments

raj2010
Contributor
Contributor

hello folks

I'm a receiver. In transaction history,. how do I identify if a transaction was indeed friends & Family? It doesn't state it and print details doesn't give any more details either. I can't find any other buttons either to ensure it came through as a friends & family. The sender confirmed he sent it as such but he sent it from a business account so just a little concerned

Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Youngimages
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, have u tried calling customer service or live chat? 
If so, what did they say? 
if not, wait times can be hours 😞 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@raj2010 

May be nice when someone gives up their time to help you to come back and leave kudos/solution if you want more help in the future don't you think?

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Transactions/Use-family-and-friends-with-business-account/m-p/30...

Anyway if you click on the transaction in your paypal account it will only have charged you a fee if its a goods/services transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

raj2010
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry but I never got an email notification about the other question but just reviewed and marked it answered

I'm the receiver so I would not typically pay the fees with goods/services right? So how would I know if the sender sent it as friends/family?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@raj2010 

If you receive goods/services payments you always pay a fee.

However with a friends/family payment any fee (only if funded via a credit card) is paid by the sender.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.