Transaction enquiry

YPHui
Contributor
Contributor
I have an inactive PayPal account with a small credit balance. This PayPal is linked to my active credit card. I intend to use PayPal for an online purchase for a sum more than this balance. Does the PayPal system automatically deduct from my credit card for the total amount needed? I prefer not to transfer too much funds from my credit card to the PayPal account. Any other things i sure be away to ensure that the transaction will go through smoothly with the merchant?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YPHui 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

If you want paypal to use your balance first then select that option and they will deduct the rest from any other linked funding source.

That is as long as the funds in your balance are cleared and in the correct currency.

Either way you can check where paypal is deducted the funds from before you click to complete payment during checkout.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YPHui 

How can you use an 'inactive' Paypal account?

Do you mean its limited or closed?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

YPHui
Contributor
Contributor
Inactive as in I have mot used the account for some time
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YPHui 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

If you want paypal to use your balance first then select that option and they will deduct the rest from any other linked funding source.

That is as long as the funds in your balance are cleared and in the correct currency.

Either way you can check where paypal is deducted the funds from before you click to complete payment during checkout.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.