Tranaction vanished this morning!

DeskjockeySid
Contributor
Contributor

My earlier payment doesn't show up at all. After about 2 hours, there was no record of my payment. There were no error messages or indications. This transaction seems to have vanished with no record. When I repeated it, it did not show either but, after continual refreshes for ~5 minutes, I got it to show up and give me a transaction code. Is PayPal having some sort of issue with processing transactions right now?

TIA,

Sid

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @DeskjockeySid,

Thank you for your post, and welcome back to the Community! I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues with seeing your transactions in your history. 

Has the issue persisted past the time you reported? It's possible that the transaction occurred during a maintenance window, or that there was a momentary reporting issue. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Service for troubleshooting. You can find your contact options by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.

I hope this has since been resolved!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

amuvy
Contributor
Contributor

hey so i purchased a 100$ dollar giftcard off a website and my purchase went to processing so i talked to the support of that website asking them to get me a refund and they voided the purchase from paypal and now the transaction disappeared from my summary but i still haven't received a refund i talked to the website and they said that paypal has my money on hold and i've tried talking to a customer agent and it's not working for me.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @amuvy,

Thank you very much for making your first post! I'm sorry to hear of the confusion with the voided order.

When there is an order with a merchant who uses authorizations, the actual funds don't go through until the merchant captures the payment. Instead, the funds are temporarily set aside as an authorization until either the merchant captures the payment, or voids the order in the PayPal system, or the authorization expires after 30 days. If the merchant truly voided the order, it should have released the hold on your funds. If there was any sort of hiccup with that, the authorization should still release after 30 days has elapsed.

What method was used to make the payment? If it was a card or bank, check your online banking to see if the funds are now released. If they are not and stay held past 30 days, please contact PayPal to allow further investigation and assistance. Your contact options can be found by clicking Contact on the PayPal website.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

amuvy
Contributor
Contributor
Hey olivia, unfortunately it's been almost a week and i still haven't received it yet, i have spoke with the website's support and they told me my money is with you guys and now i'm still waiting on claiming it back i have talked to my bank and they have told me that i have not yet received any refund from you guys, please reach out to me so i can give you the transaction id that i still have.
Login to Me Too

DeskjockeySid
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia,

It never showed up.  Later in the day, I repeated this transaction so, the seller got their money.  ~8:30AM Central Standard Time in the USA is an odd time for a maintenance outage.

When I tried to contact PayPal directly, the contact widget made absolutely no sense with the queries and suppressed my message.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.