Tracking information query

Kieran-30
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm still rather new to PayPal and I have a query regarding tracking information. I sold a collection of miniatures to a buyer from America; advertised on Facebook marketplace and I requested he pay through PayPal goods & services. This is the second time I've sold anything online but the first time I've posted abroad so being overly cautious I made sure to video record everything from displaying the items, condition, packing and photo evidence of our communications as well as receipts of postage etc. Being from the UK I posted the parcel through Royal Mail Signed & Tracked and proceeded to add the tracking information to the transaction to expedite the payment hold.

My query is this, because the parcel has now reached the USA and is in possession of the USPS (United States Postal Service) do I need to update/change the selected shipping service? Or will PayPal be able to track the parcel from Royal Mail all the way through to being signed and delivered to the buyer? I would just like to make sure I've covered myself professionally should any issue/dispute arise 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Jacob

Hello @Kieran-30,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! We're glad to have you here. This is a good question and I am glad to see you taking measures to protect your interests! You would not need to transition the tracking information provided as the tracking number provided by shipping companies for international shipments can be tracked by the receiving shipping service as well. I hope this helps to address your concern!

-Jacob

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Jacob

Hello @Kieran-30,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! We're glad to have you here. This is a good question and I am glad to see you taking measures to protect your interests! You would not need to transition the tracking information provided as the tracking number provided by shipping companies for international shipments can be tracked by the receiving shipping service as well. I hope this helps to address your concern!

-Jacob

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.