This recipient accepts PayPal payment only through their website

Critter3
Contributor
Contributor

HI all,

I am trying to send money to a cousin in Ukraine, from Canada.  I have never sent money through Paypal before but it seems to be the easiest and safest way.  I have verified our account and their account is verified.  I have transferred over a couple dollars to them with limited issues by 1) sending it directly to their email/account, and 2) adding money to my account then transferring it to theirs.  This was a test to make sure it worked.

Now that I verified they would get the money I want to send a larger amount ~$500.  I was going to add funds to my account and then transfer it, but after saying "pending" for 2 days (pending to add the money to my account), it now says it will be a week before it is deposited.  So I though I would then just transfer it directly to their email/account.  I went through the process and when I hit send, I received the error "This recipient accepts PayPal payment only through their website". 

I did not receive this error when I sent the low dollar amount, so why am I seeing it now?  Do I need to create an account on the Ukrainian website? How can I get around/fix this?  Any support on this would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Critter3 

The option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in the Ukraine.
They can only send payments for purchases funded by a (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.