This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment.

Fragov
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Community, this afternoon I`ve bought a ticket on British Airways through Paypal. After having clicked "Pay" I`ve closed the page by mistake during the transaction, but then I`ve seen that the order has been issued succesfully as I wished. I`ve also received my e-ticket via e-mail. However in the portal I can read now the follows: "This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when British Airways Plc completes your order": is that statement linked somehow that the fact that  might have closed the page during the transaction? Is there any possibility to confirm my willingness to proceed with the order? Even if the e-ticket is issued I`m afraid that the flight company may opt not to complete the order and reject my ticket. How do you advice to proceed?

Thanks a lot!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @Fragov,

Welcome to the PayPal community! 

An authorization is an agreement between a buyer and a seller in relation to the purchase of an item. In general, sellers use authorizations because they allow them to capture funds only once the item sold is actually available. This process can be used, for example, for merchandise that requires assembly. The difference between this and the standard payment process is that the transaction remains pending and the money is on hold until such time as the seller captures it.

As a buyer, once you have authorized a payment to a seller, you will see the payment listed as Pending in the list of Recent activity on your account overview page. Payment will be completed once the seller captures the funds and the money is transferred from your account to the seller's account.

For more information on this authorisation, contact the relevant seller.

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

-Rebecca. 

Login to Me Too

Rts2
New Community Member

Hi..i havevthe same issue,could you please tell me if your issue was resolved and if so in how many days

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi Rts2, thanks for posting to our Community! Temporary authorizations typically fall off after a few days, if the order isn't completed. Some banks will hold temporary authorizations for 30 days, depending on the bank. I hope that helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.