The transaction has not been completed.

mrthinh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I have made a 20 USD transfer to a friend's paypal at 11am on February 27, 2023, but my friend has not received the money and I have been deducted from my bank account. my goods. In the afternoon of the same day at 5:00 pm on February 27, 2023, I tried to transfer 1 USD to that friend and it went to my friend's bank account and received the money right away. So the amount of 20 USD at 11am on 27/02/2023 was wrong but still hasn't entered my friend's paypal. I need everyone's help. Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrthinh 

Double check the email address you used for the first transaction and make sure it was spelt correctly without any errors or typos.

Secondly what does it say on the transaction in your paypal account? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mrthinh
Contributor
Contributor

I have inquired very carefully about my friend's email address many times and it is correct. When I first paid 20 USD, I did not receive any notification of successful payment via my email. But when I try to pay 1 USD I get an email notification that the payment was successful. On the paypal web or paypal app, it still says that the payment has been transferred to my friend. My friend has not received the money until today.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrthinh 

If its saying SENT then it has successfully transferred to the email address you sent it to that is linked to an open paypal account.

So if they are saying it has not arrived then its either...........

an incorrect email address.

an incorrect currency that they can't accept.

a pending echeck that has not cleared or the payment is on hold?

could it be a scam, if you used friends/family then scammers tell you to send that way knowing that if they pretend they have not received it there is nothing you can do about it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mrthinh
Contributor
Contributor

the email i have transferred to him is: [Removed] and paypal account name: Jacob [Removed]. Ask support to check again for me. If it's true that he lied and cheated, I hope paypal will lock this account so he can't use it to scam anyone anymore. I thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrthinh 

Thought you said he was a friend?

If he wasn't and you were purchasing something then you would have used the goods/services option surely?

Then you could open a dispute for item not received?

If you sent it using friends/family then you sent him a 'gift' of money.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mrthinh
Contributor
Contributor

i sent him money through friend/family - and he said today still haven't received 20 USD. While 1 USD I sent to test, he received nagy immediately.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrthinh 

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his Paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

You would also not be able to open a dispute (apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction), which would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

Be careful as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules and can lead to account limitation.

If you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.