The temporary authorisation was cancelled and your funding source wasn't charged

Horia3000
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to buy a smartphone from ebay paying by paypal at checkout. Ebay says: "Payment failed - We couldn't process your payment, so your order was cancelled - Unfortunately, your payment didn't go through. Please check with your payment provider and try again". Never happened to me before. My bank account and paypal account are in good order (I checked carefully). So I suppose it's something wrong on seller's side that stops him to take my money through paypal. In the end I payed him using a direct transfer avoiding totally paypal. Anyone had such situation ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Markyh
New Community Member

I have just had the exact same thing happen to me, no idea as to what it means.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Markyh and @Horia3000

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues making a purchase through eBay. I dug up the following Help Center article to get you started in the right direction:  Why was my payment declined?

If you're still unable to make a payment after trying those steps, you may want to reach out to our Customer Support teams for assistance. 

Good luck with this and future transactions!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.