The sender and me both were charged with fees

artildo
Contributor
Contributor

A company located in other country paid me, I'm in Kazakhstan.

Both of us were charged with fees. Mine is $35,5 out of $800.

Is it correct that both sides are paying fees? Or it was a sort of error? I thought, only one side is paying fees.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ali_3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you for the reply @artildo

Please check with the sender if they have used a card to send this payment. If yes, they would be charged a fee, and since you mentioned it's an international transaction, we need to check why exactly was the fee charged to them. The sender needs to contact us for further assistance. Having said that, since you received an international payment and it's a commercial transaction, you will be charged a fee. Please check this URL Link and check the section "Withdrawals Out of PayPal" to learn more about the withdrawal fees.

I hope this helps!

- Ali

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

ali_3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @artildo,

Thank you for the post and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear about the confusion. I see you mentioned Kazakhstan as your PayPal account region, you do have the option to receive payments, however, it will be goods/service payments. There is a fee charged when receiving a payment. Please refer to this help center article to learn more. 

Now there would be some fees based on the currency or funding source the sender has used. Please ask them to contact us for further information. 

I hope this helps!

- Ali

Login to Me Too

artildo
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! So do I understand you correctly, that 

- the company pays it fee when sending 

- me too pay the fee when receiving this transfer?

And also I pay additional fee when transferring this money to my bank cards.

3 fees, right?

Login to Me Too
Solved

ali_3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you for the reply @artildo

Please check with the sender if they have used a card to send this payment. If yes, they would be charged a fee, and since you mentioned it's an international transaction, we need to check why exactly was the fee charged to them. The sender needs to contact us for further assistance. Having said that, since you received an international payment and it's a commercial transaction, you will be charged a fee. Please check this URL Link and check the section "Withdrawals Out of PayPal" to learn more about the withdrawal fees.

I hope this helps!

- Ali

Login to Me Too

artildo
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, @ali_3 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.