The payment was refunded before it was debited from your account?

Steven34343
Contributor
Contributor
Good afternoon, I made an order through Adidas on the 4th October which I cancelled straight away when I realised the expected delivery would be longer than expected. I was sent the refund of £70.00 right away to my paypal account which i withdrew right away to my bank account. However 2 days later money was taken from my bank account for the same value of £70.00. I have contacted Adidas who said they didn’t take money from my bank account and I should contact my bank. I then contacted my bank who said to open a dispute of the money that was taken from my account but I’m wanting to see what are my options are first on Paypal before i proceed with the dispute with my bank.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steven34343 

If you funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime it may show before the original payment leaves your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Steven34343
Contributor
Contributor
I placed the order with Adidas using Paypal who after me cancelling the order sent me a refund as it says in thread title but still took money from my bank account out a few days later and the transaction for that doesn’t show in my activity page on Paypal. Paypal also said to go to my bank and ask for a dispute which has now started.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.