Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspected fraudulent charge - 402-935-7733

Options
Go to solution
krishnamalepati
New Community Member

Dear Users,

Only one time, I used Amazon - Chase Card to purchase Mixer Grinder and on the same date, Pay Pal has been deducted $1.25 from my Credit Card. The subject it had was the below. Not sure if this is fraudulent activity or issue from Amazon - Chase. There was no clue for why it has been charged.

PAYPAL EBAY MARKTPLC USD

Options
Go to solution
wackcook

This phone number was listed for a transaction on my credit card, but was not included in my PayPal account information.  I think this is because PayPal was simply the transaction provider in a less direct way.  In reviewing emails (searched for PayPal), I found the receipt clearly stating that the payment would be processed through PayPal and how it would show up on my credit card statement.  So, I don't know who's phone number it is, but my charge was not fraudulent.

Options
Go to solution
Ludwiggo

realize that you do not have to have a PayPal account to be doing business with them. The merchant , like me, uses paypal to be the credit card processor, when someone buys from me by card, my Buy-Now button goes to paypal to use a credit card to buy from me. no different than them going to any other card processing company, usually banks.

Options
Go to solution
Philntx
New Community Member

I just found two charges on my AMEX card for this number.

1st one was for $1.95 and two weeks later, another for $155.75

There was a reference to Paypal "BillCramerC" Professional Services.

I have no charges on my paypal account, I've never purchased anything related to "bill cramer".

This is fraud.

Reported it to AMEX

Options
Go to solution
dcjamesii
Contributor

So, I had a similar charge from, <removed>, hit my AmEx account. While I was sitting on hold for PayPal for 30min, I figured it out.  Turns out the charge was from a small start-up company that I purchased an item from during the Chicago Marathon Expo.  They were using PayPal to receive payment.  This was very confusing because I was expecting a charge from a different company. And while I do use PayPal to receive payments from other people, it never affects my AmEx balance.

Options
Go to solution
Perkey2k

Hey, just got a call from this number while live streaming, they came into my chat saying that they had recieved money for me just picking up my phone, didn;t think much of it so i banned them, I don't have my bank account linked to my paypal and only a dollar in my paypal account, am i at risk at all?

Options
Go to solution
giampiero
Contributor

I got few legittimate charges from this phone number as 

Discount.com

the paypal statements list the charges as 

ComicBoks Discount shop, Dyson, Bed bath & Beyond.

and The Vitamins shop.

Options
Go to solution
SamHu
New Community Member

I got an unauthorized charges of $138.79 from " Paypal *musiciandea 402-935-7733 CA" on 01/02/2016. My Paypal account was linked to a credit card. 

Options
Go to solution
dbspa

Had a charge to my debit card referencing Paypal and this telephone number:

"PAYPAL *PRIMELANGUA 402-935-7733 CA 10/08"

No corresponding Paypal transaction.  After further investigation I was able to verify charge by vendor providing certfied dcument translation service.  Payment was made directly by debit card with Paypal involved.  No idea why Paypal reference was included , but charge was not fraudlent in my case.

For what it's worth ...

Options
Go to solution
dbspa

Correction:

Payment was made directly by debit card without Paypal involved.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.