Suspected fraudulent charge - 402-935-7733

Rennieh
Contributor
Contributor

A charge for $12.73 has appeared on my bank statement citing "PayPal *Igottrade402-935-7733/VISA Purchase (non-pin) as the payee. There is no corresponding notation in my PayPal on-line records. This is my linked account.

I did a little research on line and found three totally different stories behind this. One says its a legitamate PayPal charge to cover insufficient funds in my PayPal account. Another says it is a scam and needs to be reported to both PayPal and my bank.

Which is correct? If it's ligit, why does it not show in my PalPal statement?

Login to Me Too
159 REPLIES 159

kslighthouse

I had a $717.45 via payal.  It had the name <removed>.  I didn't make the charge.  I contacted my credit card company and then I called the 402-935-7733.  I was told by the customer service rep that someone opened a paypal account 2 days ago (May 21) which was the day of the charge. 

She said she is going to call the company that the purchase was made from to inform the that it was a frudulant purchase.  Hopefully they haven't sent it yet.

I am getting all new cards, including those that weren't compromised just be on the safe side.  I have also deleted all credit card info from Amazon, paypal and any other place that wants to store my credit card number.

We are also going to start burning any old documents that have credit card numbers or SSAN in our old BBQ grill.  Don't know how the moron got the number. But I figure if I burn old statements instead of shredding it would be a safe bet. 

My suggestion is check to make sure you didn't make the purchase, if you didn't call PayPal and see if they can trace it.

Thankfully in my case they could trace it.  I hope they turn him into the police, since I am sure they have access to his address, if he listed the correct address.  But I doubt they will report it to the police.

Login to Me Too

Tag68
Contributor
Contributor

Good for you  for doing all the right things.  Unfortunatly, we are now inundated with criminal citizens inhabiting this country that have found a way to rip people off instead of directing that energy into something useful and productive.  It is easier than working, right? 

You all have a great Memorial Day weekend!  Don't eat too much BBQ and be safe. 

As far as the person that tried to 'get ' you - that is fraud, stolen identity, theft, etc.  and should be prosecuted.  If not, then the cops aren't doing their job, which is also happening a lot lately!   !  I will almost guarantee you that the guy has done it several times before.  Glad you caught it!

Login to Me Too

rockquilt
New Community Member

I have a charge on my credit card for $113.97 to this number.  I don't know the charge.  If indeed it is fraudulent how to I get it corrected?

Login to Me Too

Tag68
Contributor
Contributor

Did you call the number? Did you ask what the charge is for and for a copy of it sent to you ASA P via email?  File a complaint with PayPal - REA D the other entries on here - that will help you.

Login to Me Too

Lexihexi
Contributor
Contributor

Also, put fraud alert on all 3 Credit Bureaus. You can file complaint with other agency's as well. Get it reported at your local police station. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

benboyer
New Community Member

I also have a fraudelent charge from the same number on my card. I tried to buy a program from them called easysketchpro.com and they charged me $39 but never delivered the product via JVZoo when you click the 'download' link it just takes you through a series of upsell pages but NEVER delivers the product. I reported this to paypal but they said since I checked out with credit card I had to go to my financial institution. The website is still up ripping people off and nobody is doing anything about it paypal or jvzoo

I copied the number from my statement and googled it and this is the first result. The whole page of results is just scam headlines. DO NOT get scammed by easysketchpro.com

Login to Me Too

cbelle
New Community Member

Had the same exact charge from this number.

It's absolutely FRAUD. I just got off the phone with Paypal to dispute the charges. Apparently this hacker created a paypal account using my name and not only has my credit card number but someone else's as well.

Report it asap!

Login to Me Too

NAMriffs
New Community Member

I just got a phone call from this number. Looks like a voicemail was left but I did not listen to it. Googled the number and ended up here. The call came from Nebraska acording to my cell. I didn't notice anything in my activity out of the ordinary yet. Just curious if anyone else has been buying vinyl records because that is pretty much all I do with PayPal. Did any of you get a phone call from the number prior to the activity and did you answer the call?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

temp201909092b
New Community Member

Got two back to back calls from this number. Called back and did websearch to find out it was paypal. Not sure what they wanted. Recently sold on ebay but not showing any other transactions on paypal or my bank account. so we'll see, but this website gets shadier and shadier. plus they treat their customers VERY badly and have terrible customer service. I will be closing my account as soon as my funds become available for transfer from this ebay sale.

Login to Me Too

Sekai

I'm recieving calls from this number on my cell. I haven't picked up yet wanting to research it. The area code is Nebraska, where I resided for many years. Has anyone recieved calls from this number?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.