Suspected fraudulent charge - 402-935-7733

Rennieh
Contributor
Contributor

A charge for $12.73 has appeared on my bank statement citing "PayPal *Igottrade402-935-7733/VISA Purchase (non-pin) as the payee. There is no corresponding notation in my PayPal on-line records. This is my linked account.

I did a little research on line and found three totally different stories behind this. One says its a legitamate PayPal charge to cover insufficient funds in my PayPal account. Another says it is a scam and needs to be reported to both PayPal and my bank.

Which is correct? If it's ligit, why does it not show in my PalPal statement?

Login to Me Too
159 REPLIES 159

sunnyD1
Contributor
Contributor

THIS NUMBER was associated with fake charges on my credit card,  PAYPAL*SOBRIETY phone number above, cancelled card got a new one.

The next month - PAYPAL*CLEARVIEWSphone number above on the new card. These scammers are good. I searched the two company names Sobriety & Clearviews, no companies by those names. Most companies would list their number on a charge. I called the 402 number, recording asks for paypal number! WTH? After second time I call again to get a person they insist they are Paypal... I call PayPal, they say the number is not theirs. Reverse look up shows the number is land line for a person in Arizona.

How can they be stopped?

Login to Me Too

dcmercurio12
New Community Member

A CHARGE APPEARED ON MY CHASE UNITED MASTERCARD ACCT FOR $334 FROM "PAYPAL *LEGACYENT 4029357733 CA." THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FRAUDULENT. I HAVE CONTACTED CHASE CUSTOMER SERVICE. ANYONE OUT THERE WITH A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE.

Login to Me Too

Bat94
New Community Member
Hi, eBay charged me 5.45 - 4029357733 cheche via PayPal. Isn't this fraudulent? I have no idea why?
Login to Me Too

riznob79
Contributor
Contributor

nickvl68
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. I placed an order on eBay 9/10/18.  I saw  on my bank statement another charge a week later: "PAYPAL *eBay Marketplaces GmbH <removed>."

It is fully legitimate. The charge is the exact same charge for the item I purchased on eBay, using my PayPal account. I asked PayPal to refund me the money and Pay pal refused my request.What should I do?

Login to Me Too

Ahall65
Contributor
Contributor
I have also had 2 amounts taken from my bank account both showing the sam[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]code. Has anyone had anyvresolution to this Thanks
Login to Me Too

Don't worry every please don't mind, it's really not fraud number to showing you only customer care number. The Paypal never any fraudulent charge you can also view here that why it's important. 

http://complaintwires.co[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]why-showing-charge-and-number/

Paypal helping the people to purchasing any other shopping it's showing making a purchase with PayPal, the charge may appear as “PayPal” along with the numbe[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]on your bank or credit card statement. So, be relax don't be shock you can check this number in customer care number.

Login to Me Too

Coxooo6w8j
New Community Member
Is this PayPal? Or Fraud on my bank statement
Login to Me Too

esid721248
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Coxooo6w8j,

Thank you very much for your query and also for bringing this to our attention.

In order to assist you with your concern, the numbe[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]that is showing on your statement, is indicated there when you make a purchase with PayPal.  The charge may appear as 'PayPal' along with this number on your bank or credit card statement. The said phone number is associated with PayPal customer service, if the Merchant you're shopping with uses PayPal as their credit card processor.

If you don’t have a PayPal account, or haven’t used it recently, please follow the steps to report an unauthorized transaction .

For information on the steps on how to report an unauthorized transaction, kindly go to this link: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-unauthorized-paypal-account-activity-faq...

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Amanda153
Contributor
Contributor

This description on my bank statement says it is a Paypal transaction but there is not recorded transactions on the Paypal statement. Is this fraudulent?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.