Suspected fraudulent charge - 402-935-7733

Rennieh
Contributor
Contributor

A charge for $12.73 has appeared on my bank statement citing "PayPal *Igottrade402-935-7733/VISA Purchase (non-pin) as the payee. There is no corresponding notation in my PayPal on-line records. This is my linked account.

I did a little research on line and found three totally different stories behind this. One says its a legitamate PayPal charge to cover insufficient funds in my PayPal account. Another says it is a scam and needs to be reported to both PayPal and my bank.

Which is correct? If it's ligit, why does it not show in my PalPal statement?

Login to Me Too
159 REPLIES 159

krishnamalepati
New Community Member

Dear Users,

Only one time, I used Amazon - Chase Card to purchase Mixer Grinder and on the same date, Pay Pal has been deducted $1.25 from my Credit Card. The subject it had was the below. Not sure if this is fraudulent activity or issue from Amazon - Chase. There was no clue for why it has been charged.

PAYPAL EBAY MARKTPLC USD

Login to Me Too

wackcook

This phone number was listed for a transaction on my credit card, but was not included in my PayPal account information.  I think this is because PayPal was simply the transaction provider in a less direct way.  In reviewing emails (searched for PayPal), I found the receipt clearly stating that the payment would be processed through PayPal and how it would show up on my credit card statement.  So, I don't know who's phone number it is, but my charge was not fraudulent.

Login to Me Too

Ludwiggo

realize that you do not have to have a PayPal account to be doing business with them. The merchant , like me, uses paypal to be the credit card processor, when someone buys from me by card, my Buy-Now button goes to paypal to use a credit card to buy from me. no different than them going to any other card processing company, usually banks.

Login to Me Too

Philntx
New Community Member

I just found two charges on my AMEX card for this number.

1st one was for $1.95 and two weeks later, another for $155.75

There was a reference to Paypal "BillCramerC" Professional Services.

I have no charges on my paypal account, I've never purchased anything related to "bill cramer".

This is fraud.

Reported it to AMEX

Login to Me Too

dcjamesii
Contributor
Contributor

So, I had a similar charge from, <removed>, hit my AmEx account. While I was sitting on hold for PayPal for 30min, I figured it out.  Turns out the charge was from a small start-up company that I purchased an item from during the Chicago Marathon Expo.  They were using PayPal to receive payment.  This was very confusing because I was expecting a charge from a different company. And while I do use PayPal to receive payments from other people, it never affects my AmEx balance.

Login to Me Too

Perkey2k

Hey, just got a call from this number while live streaming, they came into my chat saying that they had recieved money for me just picking up my phone, didn;t think much of it so i banned them, I don't have my bank account linked to my paypal and only a dollar in my paypal account, am i at risk at all?

Login to Me Too

giampiero
Contributor
Contributor

I got few legittimate charges from this phone number as 

Discount.com

the paypal statements list the charges as 

ComicBoks Discount shop, Dyson, Bed bath & Beyond.

and The Vitamins shop.

Login to Me Too

SamHu
New Community Member

I got an unauthorized charges of $138.79 from " Paypal *musiciandea 402-935-7733 CA" on 01/02/2016. My Paypal account was linked to a credit card. 

Login to Me Too

dbspa

Had a charge to my debit card referencing Paypal and this telephone number:

"PAYPAL *PRIMELANGUA 402-935-7733 CA 10/08"

No corresponding Paypal transaction.  After further investigation I was able to verify charge by vendor providing certfied dcument translation service.  Payment was made directly by debit card with Paypal involved.  No idea why Paypal reference was included , but charge was not fraudlent in my case.

For what it's worth ...

Login to Me Too

dbspa

Correction:

Payment was made directly by debit card without Paypal involved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.