Supported Countries for Friends & Family Method

PalP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I wanted to know the list of countries where Friends & Family / Gift Payment is supported. (Could be sent to / received from)

For Instance, USA & UK support it whereas Singapore, Dubai, India doesn't support it.

Incase, one doesn't have the list, you can provide the countries name where it's supported or not supported, to the best of your knowledge.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@almoutazibrahim 

Saudi Arabia can only do goods and services payments.

It’s easy to find out in general. Just go to the home page of your account and click either the Personal menu to see the services available.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PalP

I am not going to supply any list as it sounds as if you might be trying to sell and use that option to evade paying your fees?

Otherwise why would you not ask your mate or family member in the country they are in whether they have that option?

Selling and accepting f/f payments is against paypal rules and can get your paypal account limited.

Whilst it also stops a buyer filing a paypal dispute as there is no buyer protection it does NOT stop them doing a chargeback and they would win as you would have no seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PalP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

What does it mean to get "Paypal account limited"

Also,

There is not one person but many people from different countries with whom I would be sending/receiving money. And we trust each other, but instead every single person asking paypal that if friends & family method is supported in their country, it's better that one guy (like me) asks paypal so we all would know the answer.

Also, I'm sure there are other people as well who would like to know if in their particular country this method is supported or not, can know the ansswer via this Post. 

It will be beneficial for many people even PayPal employees & would save precious time of all.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PalP

Whether you trust your buyers or not if you are accepting friends / family payments for 'selling' then you are evading paying your Paypal fees.

It does not take Paypal long to investigate someone that is accepting a high volume of those sorts of payments and to realise they are selling and evading their fees by accepting those payments.

Then your paypal account will be limited ie you won't be able to use paypal anymore...........up to you, your risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PalP
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that. But as I said need the info. for many people & not for myself only.

Please contribute to the list of countries you maybe aware about the acceptance of gift method.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PalP

Nope  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PalP
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for all the help you provided to us.

Login to Me Too

Steve726
Hi, How can money put on hold get released quicker?
Login to Me Too

OmgItsMarsy
Hello, I would like to know if UAE is eligible for the send to a friend or family payment type? As a friend of mine from US tried sending me money but could only send through product good and services. I was wondering if there was something wrong on my side of the account or is it supposed to be like that? An answer would be appreciated. Thank you
Login to Me Too

SplinterUK
New Community Member
I have noticed a problem receiving money from my girlfriend in North Carolina, USA. I live in the UK and we cannot send money to and from one another as "friends and family"
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.