Status still pending

Srvv
New Community Member

I sent the money to the seller but the money status on the seller page still show “pending”. The Seller will wait until the status will be completed then he will process my order. What should I do about it ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Srvv 

Seller has to ship if the payment is received/completed but is on PayPal hold and pending. They add tracking number to the transaction and PayPal will release money to seller once delivery can be confirmed by PayPal.

However if you sent an eCheck that is still waiting to be cleared, it will be in pending status until it completes. Of course, it is reasonable for seller to wait until payment is completed before shipping.

Send this to the seller:

How can I release my payment(s) on hold?

You can help to release the eligible payments by following one of the below steps:

• Add Tracking. Use one of our approved shipping carriers and we’ll release the hold 24 hours after the courier confirmed delivery to the buyer’s address.
  • Update the order status if the held payment is for a service or intangible item (e.g. piano lessons, e-book). You'll get your money 7 days after confirming the order status as Completed.
  • Print USPS or UPS shipping labels with us. We’ll track the item and release the hold 24 hours after the courier confirmed delivery to the buyer’s address.

In rare cases, the payment may not be released after this time. For example, this may happen if your business model has changed or we see a significant difference in your selling price. In this case, we’ll release your payment 21 days after you received it. 

Here’s how to add tracking information or change the order status: 

1. Go to your Activity
  2. Find the transaction you would like to update, then click Get your money
  3. If you sold a product, select Product to add tracking information or print shipping label directly. 
  4. If you sold an intangible item or service, select Service or virtual product to confirm order status. 
  5. Click Submit

Once you click 'Submit', the buyer receives an email notifying them that you entered the shipment tracking information for this transaction (if applicable). The email includes the tracking number, order status, and shipping company. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Srvv 

Seller has to ship if the payment is received/completed but is on PayPal hold and pending. They add tracking number to the transaction and PayPal will release money to seller once delivery can be confirmed by PayPal.

However if you sent an eCheck that is still waiting to be cleared, it will be in pending status until it completes. Of course, it is reasonable for seller to wait until payment is completed before shipping.

Send this to the seller:

How can I release my payment(s) on hold?

You can help to release the eligible payments by following one of the below steps:

• Add Tracking. Use one of our approved shipping carriers and we’ll release the hold 24 hours after the courier confirmed delivery to the buyer’s address.
  • Update the order status if the held payment is for a service or intangible item (e.g. piano lessons, e-book). You'll get your money 7 days after confirming the order status as Completed.
  • Print USPS or UPS shipping labels with us. We’ll track the item and release the hold 24 hours after the courier confirmed delivery to the buyer’s address.

In rare cases, the payment may not be released after this time. For example, this may happen if your business model has changed or we see a significant difference in your selling price. In this case, we’ll release your payment 21 days after you received it. 

Here’s how to add tracking information or change the order status: 

1. Go to your Activity
  2. Find the transaction you would like to update, then click Get your money
  3. If you sold a product, select Product to add tracking information or print shipping label directly. 
  4. If you sold an intangible item or service, select Service or virtual product to confirm order status. 
  5. Click Submit

Once you click 'Submit', the buyer receives an email notifying them that you entered the shipment tracking information for this transaction (if applicable). The email includes the tracking number, order status, and shipping company. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.