Solution for PayPal asking for bank/ credit card upon payment for example on EBay

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I got a solution for a glitch I encountered and I've seen many older posts and posts on other media with the same issue. I've been using PayPal for years no problem, but yesterday I tried to buy a article on Ebay and PayPal kept asking me for a bank account or credit card upon paying. The price was 138 Euros, my PayPal balance was 104 and the payment would take a additional 34 Euros from my connected and verified bank account, altough that simply didn't happen due to said problem. The bank account was verified and all so that wasn't the issue, some PayPal mods have suggested clearing browser cookies or switching to a different browser, didn't work. Since PayPal support wasn't to be reached ( even though it was their service time ) I experiemented. I realized that I could send money from PayPal to others no issue with certain limitations. My bank account was only allowed to send up to a 100 Euros, until the message asking for credit card/ bank account popped up again, my PayPal balance worked fine without limits. If I tried to make a payment with both the Balance and Bank account together, so send someone more than the 104 Euros I had in my balance, the message popped up again, even if it was only a single Euro from the bank account. In conclusion; this glitch prevents me from a) making a payment with both my paypal balance and a secondary method together, b) stops me from sending more than a 100 Euros through my connected bank account. Why did this happen? I don't know, I recently changed my PayPal email but I don't see a connection there and it didn't go away when I changed it back; maybe a temporary security lock for your bank account in case someone changes your email when he hijacks your account? Altough you could just do multiple 100 Euro transfers from the Bank too, so I don't get how this is a security factor. In the end I solved the issue by sending 34 Euros to my friend trough PayPal, using the bank account and then he send them back to me, so my balance added up for the Ebay purchase. This worked and I was able to buy through PayPal on Ebay without an issue. I hope this helps others out there, I hope this issue doesn't last, I'll keep trying to contact support, since they've been very helpful for me before. Besides this getaround, if the support can't help you then u might just gotta make a new PayPal. I dont use PayPal for anything other than small purchases, so this doesn't really restrict me, but if it's your main payment method, then this issue could make your account entirely useless. I've seen posts from 2010 with 0 answers with the exact same issue and it goes to show how little development we are seeing in that department. In case you ask, no I didn't do a spell check, just wanted to write this down before going to work so others might find this, please do tell me if you have had the same issue or currently have it.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.