So now my wife can't send me money without a fee, yes?

drchickles
Contributor
Contributor

I have a business account because I used to do trade shows. I do still take advantage of my debit card, though not as often as I used to. This is the only PayPal account I have and it's died to my personal financial accounts. So I know they decided to remove friends/family from business account transactions because, according to them, it was being abused. Okay, that's great. But now my wife can't PP me money without losing a stupid amount of it to a fee, even though I can send her money without a fee.

It would be so stupidly easy for them to have a set number of contacts you can list as actual friends/family so you can still transfer without paying PayPal a fee. Instead we now have resorted to using other services even though PayPal is the most convenient for our financial setup.

Bravo, PayPal. You now force me to do technical gymnastics to get money around your stupid new policy because you couldn't figure out how to properly discern legit friends/family transactions from people who just want to skip the fee for legit sale.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@drchickles 

https://www.xoom.com/

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.