Shopify - An attempt to process the payment for your bill has failed.

SunJammer
Contributor
Contributor

I have Shopify set up as a recurring bill without issue for a few months, This month's payment failed and I don't know why.
I've also tried paying manually via Shopify dashboard and it fails as well.

- My bank (RBC Canada) has sufficient funds, and Paypal shows no issues with linked bank account.
- I contacted Shopify, and they say the is no issue on their end - the error is coming from Paypal.
- I chatted with Paypal support who says there is no issue, and that I should check with Shopify.

Obviously something's not working, but the error code has no description, is anyone else experiencing an issue?
Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

SunJammer
Contributor
Contributor

I resolved the issue on my own by removing, then re-adding Paypal as the payment type on my Shopify Billing settings.
Not sure if it was Shopify or Paypal that had an issue.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Iris

Hello @SunJammer

Welcome to PayPal Community! I understand that you are having issues with a recurring payment. I understand that this situation has been frustrating. In this situation, you can review your preapproved payments by visiting:

What is an automatic payment or subscription and how do I update it?

Alternatively, you can reach Customer Support for more specific assistance by clicking Contact and then Message Us (when available) at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message

Message Us

Twitter Direct Message

Facebook Instant Message

I hope this helps! 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too
Solved

SunJammer
Contributor
Contributor

I resolved the issue on my own by removing, then re-adding Paypal as the payment type on my Shopify Billing settings.
Not sure if it was Shopify or Paypal that had an issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.