Setup Recurring Bill Payments

batsy71
Contributor
Contributor

i want to pay some of my bills using paypal. However, paypal only allows me to set up a one time payment by selecting the method of payment and date of payment. This entire process takes 1+ minutes. These bill pay setups don't allow setting up recurring transactions on a monthly basis. So, if I want to pay a bill monthly, I will have to manually pay it in my paypal portal each month. Why doesn't paypal allow setting up recurring bill payments?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @batsy71,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

I understand your concern about setting up Recurring Payments. An automatic payment \ Recurring payments authorizes a merchant to charge you whenever you purchase on their website. This is something that has to be set up on the first checkout with the merchant, kindly reach out to the merchant. Here's the help center article to know more information. For account-related questions, I would recommend reaching out to our customer support team through the contact option available on our website.

I hope this helps,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Searchbug
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same need. Contacting the merchant isn't helpful since the recurring payment we want to make isn't a PayPal merchant. It's an individual we want to send a specific amount to every 2 weeks.  Why doesn't PayPal offer a way to pay bills (individuals or businesses) with a recurring payment method.

Much like a bank bill pay system gives the user the ability to initiate recurring payments, the burden shouldn't be put on your customer to contact someone else to set up the ability to receive recurring payments.  This is a big oversight. 

Login to Me Too

TINAK25
Contributor
Contributor
Your answer did not address the OP’s question.
Login to Me Too

BHank
Contributor
Contributor

Does PayPal have any future plans to implement this feature?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello everyone,

Thank you for visiting our community help forum!

With PayPal, now you can pay and manage your bills from the PayPal app or the PayPal website. Currently, the option to set up monthly payments on Pay bills page is not available. However, I have noted your feedback and will be sure to pass it to our relevant team. 

Have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.