Sent money from wrong account

Qimii
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, so I tried adding money to my PayPal account from my card but I accidently used a card on which is not my name. Hows the process of that? Can I somehow request a refund from PayPals side? Im currently out of the country so I wont be able to contact the bank in any way. Any help would be appreciated. Kind Regards
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Qimii 

Do you know the card owner at all?? Contact them so they know what happen and make an arrangement to pay them back. You’ll have to wait for the transfer to complete and withdraw back to bank/card or Xoom them the money. Top ups can’t be canceled.

How are you able to add money with card? PayPal says to add money with bank account:

Wie kann ich Geld auf mein PayPal-Konto einzahlen und wie lange dauert das?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Qimii
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, Yes obviously I know the card owner. Its my dads cards since I manage his bankings. By transfering money to paypal by card I meant from bank account as you said. Im sorry but I still didnt get what you meant with “ You’ll have to wait for the transfer to complete and withdraw back to bank/card or Xoom them the money.” Does the money I transfered get back onto his account after some time since his name doesnt add up?
Login to Me Too

PhilN1K
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @Qimii ,

I have the same issue.

Did you get the money back from paypal after some time?

If not did you find any other way to get it back?

Thanks you! 🙂

Regards,

Philipp

Login to Me Too

Qimii
Contributor
Contributor
Hey Phil, Yes I received the money back, but I also contacted Support about it so im not sure if that is required or if you will get the money back without reaching out to them. Regards
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.