Sending money abroad

Faby13
Contributor
Contributor

How can i send money to a family member in Egypt? I’m in Canada? What are the costs to either side? Can I send the money in US dollars if I’m in Canada?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Faby13 

Fees are in the user agreement for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Faby13 

How do I send money?

To send in USD, select USD by clicking currency indicator under to the amount as long as you hold or added USD currency balance to your PayPal balance on the Wallet page.

The sender pays fees which will be displayed prior to finalizing payment, or see Sending and receiving money chart.

The recipient may be responsible for applicable currency conversion fees built into exchange rate: 3%

If you’re not getting the Sending to a friend option as some countries cannot accept friends and family payments, you’ll have to send money as goods and services. Then Recipient has to pay commercial transaction fees 4.40% + $0.30 USD + currency conversion fees built into the exchange rate, 3%.

The other option is to send direct to a bank account or for pick up via Xoom from the Send and request page, right side column.

What is Xoom and how does it work?

How do I link my PayPal and Xoom accounts?

See this page for fees calculator and eligible payment methods:
https://www.xoom.com/egypt/send-money

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.