Send money in another currency other than primary

Cl2021
Contributor
Contributor
I have two currencies GBP and EUR, GBP is my primary currency. I want to send to a friend in EUR directly from my EUR balance other than converting from GBP, how can I do that?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cl2021 

Go to your paypal WALLET and put the radio icon next to the currency you want as your primary currency for that transaction.

Then make sure you have clicked on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in the balance option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cl2021
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks to @kernowlass for detailed instructions. However when I tried to make EUR balance as primary currency, an error popped up “we’re sorry, things don’t appear to be working right now. Try again later.” This error persists since yesterday, and didn’t tell if it is a PayPal problem or not allowed to make the change. My receiver is waiting for the fund, I am kind of stuck to pay out although I have balance sitting aside. Can PayPal fix the problem please
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cl2021 

How odd, your best bet is to check with paypal as to why you can't use your euro balance.

The balance is cleared and not pending is it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.