Seller states no refund from Ticketmaster because of cancelled card

eodav2012
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased concert tickets in February 2020 from a seller, and the concerts were officially cancelled and refunded in August 2021. I did originally receive the tickets before the concert was cancelled. Ticketmaster refunds only the original purchaser of the tickets; the problem I have now is that the seller claims that they changed cards, and the money was refunded to the defunct card. They state that neither PayPal nor their credit/debit card company have been helpful in obtaining their refund despite numerous attempts to contact both, and that this "held in limbo" status is the same for multiple other people.

So, because TicketMaster refunds to the original purchaser of the ticket, I am going on an honor system that this person will return the money to me. They have indicated that they will not do so before they receive their own refund. Before I open a can of worms, I would like to see if there are other avenues to help them obtain the refund so that they can return it to me. If there is no solution, and they still will not return the money, I would also like to know if this is something I can dispute and then (more than likely) escalate into a claim for PayPal to investigate, despite 120 days having passed.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eodav2012 

Sorry, it’s been more than 180 days so can’t file a PayPal dispute for this transaction. You’ll have to go to your card issuer if you paid with credit card to dispute it.

If the money was refunded to the seller’s cancelled card, I kinda find it hard to believe the canceled card bank is unable to help. The seller would show the proof of refund to the bank and if the bank bounces the refund back to Ticketmaster, the seller should work something out with Ticketmaster. If you want your money back, then you dispute the charge through your card issuer. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.