Scammed by stripey giraffe ltd

tigerrfi
New Community Member

I keep getting payments taken out weekly by stripey Giraffe LTd. How can I stop this from happening

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

dazza0903
New Community Member

Me too 1/3/22 

for 3 payments $9.99😫

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dazza0903 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vicki56
Contributor
Contributor
I keep having payments taken as well and I don’t even know who they are
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Vicki56

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're unsure of a recent payment in your account. Have you tried to reach out to the merchant to confirm what good / service they may have sold you? If so, and you're still unsure, I would recommend seeing if the option to Open an Unauthorized dispute is an option. 

Good luck,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

AnnetteLee
New Community Member

It has just happened to me now but luckily Paypal got in touch with me immediately and I have cancelled it (I hope).  I had absolutely no idea I had set it up at all and I have only just started using Paypal as I am new to it.  The Government has set up a department to deal with scam emails which I have used for years so I have sent a full email to them asking them if they can do anything about it.  They do not normally reply but they may as I did ask if I should take it elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

Jeffme1
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, dated today. 06/06 /2022. Don't know who they are. Hadn't even been on-line since yesterday. Anyone know how to get my money back? Thanks for reading. J. [removed].

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jeffme1 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

A keep getting miney took out of this and a don't have a clue why
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pamelawilson983 

Read my post directly above yours??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220826C
Contributor
Contributor
Why doesn't PayPal intervene to stop stripey giraffe scamming. That's been at least 2 years now there's obv more people than us who have commented
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.