Reserve

hd6
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I got this email from PayPal but can someone explain me in details as they are just sending auto set emails. During a recent review of your PayPal account, we've decided to apply 3 kinds of reserves to the account beginning 2020/05/21. When this is applied, a Jump Start reserve of $3000 USD will be held from your account balance. A Minimum Balance reserve will be set to retain 80% of each transaction processed each day, until a balance of $3000 USD has been reached. After that, a Rolling reserve will be set to retain 20% over 60 days rolling period. Note: - Reserve is based on the net balance you receive from buyers. - After the Minimum Balance reserve is deducted, the Rolling reserve will be set on the remaining funds you receive for every transaction. For example: At the end of the first day, 80% of each transaction will be retained in the Minimum Balance reserve. And 20% of the remaining funds will be held in the Rolling reserve, which will be released back to your available account balance on day 61, and so on.
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

chaseangel04
Contributor
Contributor
A friend of mine has experienced the same thing. Said paypal will hold 80 percent of daily transaction until he reaches 5000 usd as minimum reserve. I was wondering when they will release the held account. He tried contacting them but no response yet
Login to Me Too

ismystore
Contributor
Contributor

I got this today:
and my question is: if I will reach the amount of 753.61 USD in a year,
I will not have any money for 1 year?
Does anyone want to fill a lawsuit? 
This is my money and I need this to pay for suppliers, services + tools that I am using for selling on eBay.

We've added a payment reserve to your account

As part of our ongoing effort to make PayPal an even safer place for you and your customers to do business, we're holding a percentage of the total payments you receive each day as a reserve in your account. This reserve helps make sure that you have money in your PayPal balance to cover any payment reversals or chargebacks. We're going to start holding 100.00% of your daily sales until you reach a minimum reserve of 753.61 USD.

What are reserves?

Reserves are funds that belong to you that we set aside to make sure that you have money in your PayPal balance to cover any payment reversals.

We'll hold 100.00% of your daily sales until the amount set aside is 753.61 USD.

Login to Me Too

Sallen1234
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. I am interested in pursuing a class action lawsuit. I think we start with a press release to see how many users are impacted and begin to build the class.

I am in the process of writing the press release this week. I am also filing complaints with governmental agencies as well as BBB. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.