Removing Unpaid Subscriptions

RandyKing
Contributor
Contributor

So there are a handful of unpaid subscriptions that I have either reconciled outside of PayPal or I have written them off.  How can I close out that subscription so that PayPal doesn't keep annoying me about them?  A couple are over 5 years delinquent at this point.  I just want to remove the notice so that I don't miss a REAL notice of a current unpaid subscription.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

particlepat
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have a bunch of unpaid subscriptions as well that have either been collected outside of Paypal or written off, but I can't seem to remove them...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @RandyKing and @particlepat,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting!

I see you're looking to cancel the subscriptions in your PayPal account. Here’s how to find and cancel your subscriptions on the PayPal website:    

Go to Settings.
Click the Payments tab.
Click Manage Automatic Payments/subscriptions.
Select the merchant and click cancel.

If you face issues while canceling the subscriptions, please reach out to our team through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page for additional assistance.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

RandyKing
Contributor
Contributor

So, this is what I mean.  The information provided by Bindu does not work.  First, there is no "Settings" menu anywhere.  Under my name in the top right corner there is "Account Settings" and "Profile Settings" as menu selections.  Neither of those opens a page with a "Payments" tab.  Under Account Settings, there is a selection for "My Automatic Payments" which opens the "Recurring Payments Dashboard".  There are transactions showing that say a payment still needs to be made - I have previously canceled all of them, but they do not go away, and I get a reminder warning on my main console.

Again, this proposed solution does not work, and the problem remains as it has for years.

Does anybody know how I can delete these unwanted uncollected transactions for real?

Login to Me Too

RandyKing
Contributor
Contributor

No, I have not.  Every so often I contact PayPal about it and I get a non-answer that does nothing.  Even though the selection in the dashboard says "never show me this again", apparently "never" means 15 minutes in PayPal.

It's just ridiculous, and one of the reasons I have moved some stuff over to Stripe.  Their customer service does not mess around.

Login to Me Too

apDev
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem. I have one such notification that has been showing up for 5 years. NO answers from PP. I keep trying when it annoys me enough. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @RandyKing, @apDev, and everyone,

Welcome back to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you're still running into some issues removing unpaid subscriptions from your PayPal account. Depending on the type of PayPal account you have, Personal or Business, the steps to find that section may be a bit different. Apologies for the mix-up there. 

Here's a Help Center article on How to update or cancel your automatic payments. Right above the title of the article you'll see the option to select Personal or Business for your specific account type. 

If you're still running into road-blocks after that, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support teams for further assistance. 

Best wishes to you all!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

apDev
Contributor
Contributor

You are misunderstanding the problem. Business account. I have customers who subscribe to subscription plans. They fail to pay a subscription. We cancel the subscription but cannot remove the unpaid status. So we continue to FOREVER get a notification of an unpaid subscription on the dashboard. 5 years for me. 

We can click on the don't show this notification again, but that only works until the page is refreshed. 

There appears to be no way to remove the unpaid status on the subscription or permanently cancel notification for that particular item. 

Cheers. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@apDev

My apologies for the misunderstanding, thank you for clarifying your concern further. In that case, if you don't find the information you need in this Help Center article on Merchant Subscriptions FAQs, or your Subscriptions Dashboard, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support Teams for further assistance.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.