Refunds

Anny26
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I linked my card now and its charged 10 times (amount 1.50 Eur) So please can you provide me little information when it refund or what can i do? or why it did happen?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @Anny26

Welcome to the PayPal Community. 

When you add a card to your PayPal account, we charge a small amount to this card to confirm the card belongs to you. 

The code sequence appears as PayPal*1234CODE or PP*1234CODE. You will need the first 4 digits to confirm your card. After the card is confirmed, we will immediately refund the card. Your card issuer will credit your card balance within 30 days from the date of the refund.

If you can’t access your online statement or this 4-digit code is unavailable online, check your next paper statement for this code. We cannot provide you with the 4-digit confirmation code by any other method.

After you have confirmed your card, we immediately refund the amount charged to the same card. You can view the refund in your transaction history.

If the card is not confirmed within 75 days since the confirmation process started, the charge will be automatically refunded to your card.

If you remove your card or close your account during the time frames above, the return of the credit may not process. In these instances, you may need to contact PayPal Customer Service to have the charge manually refunded.

To enter the 4-digit PayPal code to confirm your card there should be a notification on your home page. Otherwise:

1. Log in to your PayPal account
  2. Click Wallet near the top of the page.
  3. Click the card you're confirming.
  4. Enter the 4-digit PayPal code from your card statement and submit.

Thank you

-Rebecca. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.