Refund

MJ2730
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I performed a transaction using paypal on 15th November for $441.98. The Merchant cancelled the transaction and I requested for a refund. My paypal account recorded a refund of $441.98 on the same day. When I saw the refund message from paypal, I requested my Bank to drop the lien which was on my account and this was done on 17th November, 2021. On 13th December 2021 funds were deducted from my account with the Merchant's name as description. I contacted the Bank who informed me that the refund never come through to my account and as such the Bank deducted funds from my account. So according to the Bank, the transaction was completed and no refund was received into my account. I need help with what should be done to recover the $441.98

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

NasirB
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @MJ2730.

It looks like you haven't received a refund though the order was cancelled. Kindly note that the refund has to be issued from the merchant's end. If the status of the transaction on your PayPal account shows 'Refunded', the funds would processed to it's original funding source used while making a purchase. For more information about refunds, click here.

If you still haven't received a refund, you can get in touch with the merchant to request a refund.

Stay safe and have a good day! 
Nasir

Login to Me Too

MJ2730
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @NasirB 

Thanks for your message. Actually I contacted paypal and they have found were the problem was. The seller had actually sent the refund. Somehow paypal

did not send them some to my account. Paypal have now informed me that this has now been done and funds should be expected at minimum 5 business day to reflect in my account. Will surely let you know once the funds reflect.

Thanks and please stay safe

MJ2730

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.