Refund

Alleycreek
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has not refunded my Money after 4 weeks. Says it’s in the back office being reviewed??!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alleycreek 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hello Alleycreek, thanks for posting to our Community. If you're referring to a disputed transaction, we attempt to resolve all disputes within 30 days of their filing. If it has been more than 30 days, I would recommend contacting our customer service team by phone or messaging via the 'Contact' link at the bottom of the page. 

Login to Me Too

Alleycreek
Contributor
Contributor
Well you can try to suggest the refund process will be completed in 30 days but that is false. Higher dollar refunds are treated completely biased to a new back office plague. No one can discuss, email or follow up on back office dark secrets. No money was ever released on my purchase to the EBay seller due to failed authentication; the process EBay uses to prevent fraud. So PayPal proceeds to do a deep review while holding my funds and putting me through the “our investigation” process. After 20 years of PayPal business and countless purchases they now decide to refuse my refund for an unexpected and confusing explanation. All Agents tell you different process steps, try to ensure you have no worry about the refund and then hang up I have spent 8-10 hours of my time emailing, talking, being on hold ( one time 2 hours and 54 minutes ) all to no solution to the problem. My eBay seller has had the expensive item back 4 weeks and I have not received one dime from PayPal!!! Such a terrible experience for a long time customer and solid support of the PayPal system. What in the world will PayPal do next to all of its members??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.