Refund of echeque not showing

BlackburnBen
New Community Member

Hi, I paid for a pre order item recently which was sent by PayPal as an echeque. The funds have debited my account and after showing as "pending clearance' for a few days, it is now fully cleared. The retailer cancelled the order at my request on 20 Jan via their shopify account. It shows on their shop as cancelled and refunded however I have had nothing from PayPal to show it is being refunded to me. I had assumed this might update once the payment status had changed to cleared. Any idea? The retailer has no idea as far as they're concerned they have cancelled it on their side. Any idea on this pls? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Marina

Hi @BlackburnBen,

I understand how important it is to receive the funds for your cancelled order. If the refund does not appear in your PayPal account, regrettably, that means the merchant has yet to issue a refund through PayPal. I'd recommend reaching back out to the merchant directly, but if they are running into issues processing the refund, you can also file a dispute

I hope this helps!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.