Refund not showing on bank statement, even after i received an email from PayPal

Jafa05
Contributor
Contributor

I basically got a email to say I received a refund through paypal but this hasn't shown in my bank statement?  Can anybody help me?  the original refund was the 17/09/2021

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jafa05 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

HOWEVER if you funded it from your paypal balance OR the refund was declined by the bank then it may have bounced back to that balance so could the funds have been used to purchase items paid for after the refund was made? Check transactions around the time of the refund and see if they were funded via your balance instead of bank account ie refund?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jafa05
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply! This is my problem. All my other refunds reflect on my bank statement bar this one. Even though PayPal has said it’s been refunded it has not gone back to my account, I used card not the PayPal balance.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jafa05 

Did you read the second paragraph in my above post.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.