Refund from an overseas seller

MuditJ
New Community Member

Made an overseas purchase and paid for it using my international credit card (Paypal had nothing to do with it). Now, want to receive a refund for the purchase from the overseas seller who insists on sending it through Paypal. What do I need to do to get the refund ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MuditJ 

You can't accept a 'refund' if you did not pay using paypal.

The seller would have to send a 'payment' and you can't accept INR in paypal so it would have to be in USD which you would have to add as a receiving currency on your paypal account.

Not only that you would have to set up your account to receive paypal payments + pay a fee to receive a payment + currency conversion fees.

Lastly you would probably be subjected to the new seller hold as it would be seen as a payment and not a refund.

The friends/family option is not available in India.

I would ask him to look into sending it via xoom as that may work better for your country, read up on it first to make sure it would work for him sending and you receiving in the respective countries.

https://www.xoom.com/

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.