Refund didn’t complete

Konkous92
Contributor
Contributor
I had a refund in pending. Today I got two emails. One was saying that it will take longer than the expected and the other one that the refund cancelled and that I will need to speak with the seller. The seller doesn’t have the funds. Where are my money and what can I do about it?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Konkous92 

If the refund was pending then it was an echeque from the sellers bank account, you have to wait for the echeque to clear before you receive the refund.

If the seller does not have enough funds in their bank account to 'fund' the echeque/refund then the refund will fail.

If the seller does not refund you then open a paypal dispute?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Konkous92
Contributor
Contributor
He showed me that the refund has sent and also he says that he has money in both PayPal account and linked bank account. What does he need to do now? What is this echeque?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @Konkous92

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

Thank you for your help, @kerowlass 🙂 

@Konkous92, this sounds like it was a refund via echeque and this refund failed. 

A payment or refund will be sent as an echeque if the PayPal balance is not enough to cover the payment/refund there is no card linked to the account. Therefore an echeque will be debited from a bank and this can take 7-10 business days to complete. 

If the refund failed, this means that there was an issue capturing the refund/payment from the bank. 

If you had a case opened, please contact us so we can review this and determine if a refund needs to be issued. 

To contact our customer service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM's or Twitter DM's. 
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Konkous92
Contributor
Contributor
The case close to my favour but I don’t see the money in my bank account. How long does it take?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Thank you for your reply @Konkous92

I would advise reaching out to us to ensure this refund has been completed.

However, if you check the Activity section of your PayPal account, you should see the status of the refund. 

Once the echeque clears (which can take 7-10 business days) the refund can take 5 business days to appear on your bank account. 

Rebecca 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.