Refund and Balance

HKang
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

On Aug. 19, I (in South Korea) received £6.00 GBP from the UK.

On the same day, I transferred ₩7,818 KRW from my PayPal account to Shinhan Bank (South Korea).

On August 24, I received an email about the failure of the transfer and ₩2,818 KRW was transferred from Shinhan Bank to my PayPal account.

Why not ₩7,818 KRW in refund?

Is ₩5,000 KRW a penalty?

HKang

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HKang 

Paypal normally processes withdrawals free for you but if you have the wrong information or the transaction declines for some reason then you are charged for that service as it failed and they have to process it back to your paypal balance for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HKang 

Paypal normally processes withdrawals free for you but if you have the wrong information or the transaction declines for some reason then you are charged for that service as it failed and they have to process it back to your paypal balance for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HKang
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Thank you very much for your reply.

Q1.

Do you mean that ₩5,000 KRW has gone away for good?

Q2.

When I add the bank details, there are two options: Add a Card and Add a Bank Account.

Doesn't it matter which one I choose?

HKang

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Marina

Thank you for getting the ball rolling @kernowlass.

Hi @HKang,

I'd be happy to help with those additional questions. If you were charged a fee for a failed bank transfer, regrettably, the deduction is permanent. To enter your bank account number, you can select the option to add a bank. I recommend reaching out to your bank directly to confirm that you have the correct banking information before making another withdrawal attempt. You'd only choose the option to add a card if you are entering a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or UnionPay card number.

I hope this helps to clarify things a bit more.

- Marina

Login to Me Too

HKang
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I just added new details of my bank account.

And I see Status : Confirmed.

Can I understand that my bank account is OK for the future transaction?

HKang

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 6.30.40 AM.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.