Recipient PP account holder payment on hold

Annoyed29
New Community Member

I successfully made a payment to a PP account holder. She did not receive the payment She got a message saying the payment is on hold for 3 weeks.

The payment left my account immediately.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @Annoyed29 , it is likely that the money is suspended in his account for 21 days.
he will have to send the object anyway, and put on his paypal account, the tracking number of the shipment.

the suspension of the money received by the seller for 21 days, is a normal procedure of paypal, to protect the payer.

if he refuses, you can open an item not received dispute

Login to Me Too

Annoyed29
New Community Member

Why is the payment held and the recipient cannot receive it. It is a simple money transfer not a sale. I do not receive an object. Please release the funds DO NOT HOLD THE MONEY UP.

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Annoyed29 

3 weeks corresponds to 21 days, which should be money sent to purchase goods or services.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sean

Hello @Annoyed29, Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear your payment has been put on hold. We may place a temporary hold on some payments if you're new to selling with PayPal, if a dispute has been filed against you, or if we have questions regarding your transaction history. As long as there are no problems with the transactions, we'll release your payment in 21 calendar days from when the payment was received.

We will also release the payment 1 day after the delivery has been confirmed via online tracking or once a buyer verifies they've received the item.

You can learn more about this process here: How can I release my payment(s) on hold? (paypal.com)

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.