Receiving money

Emmac7
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I have just received cash from a company. Then 20 minutes later I get an email that my payment has been cancelled. What could be the issue?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sean

Hello @Emmac7, thank you for posting.

It sounds like the funds you received from the company may have been sent as an echeque. An eCheque is an electronic funds transfer from the buyer's bank account. It's like writing a cheque, but it was sent electronically.

When you are sent an eCheque, we wait for the funds to clear from the sender's bank. An eCheque payment usually takes up to 7 working days to complete (but in some cases, it may take longer). As soon as we get the funds from the buyer's bank, we will immediately clear the payment into your PayPal account. 

The echeque may have been cancelled during the time it was being sent to you if we did not receive the funds from the sender's bank.

You may need to reach out to them again for payment.

If an issue persists, for safety and security, please contact our customer support team via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal, chat or phone.

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.