Receiving money without SSN

zannyrt
New Community Member

I am an international student in US and I want to know is it possible to receive money from paypal from other country. I made a paypal account when I came here. I also have a bank account and I have it linked with my paypal account. I have used paypal to pay someone and it has been successful. However, I am not sure if it applies to receiving money as well. I don't have an SSN or ITIN yet. When I open paypal from my phone, there is a tab where it says to complete information to gain more access to paypal and that is where it asks me to enter my SSN or ITIN. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

manju_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @zannyrt  

Thank you for your post and welcome to PayPal Community Forum. I certainly understand this must be concerning. Please note, to receive payments through PayPal, you need to confirm your registered email address and verify your account, and it is not mandatory to enter SSN. However, if we need additional information, we will notify via email at your registered email address. 

Thank you

Manju

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.