Receipts/Invoices from eBay not showing key information

CPB12
Contributor
Contributor

The receipts/invoices I receive in my PayPal account from my transactions on eBay no longer contain any information on what I have bought or even the seller.

These used to show the key information and also the message to seller so I could identify what had been bought from whom when. Now all i get is eBay Commerce and a load of unrecognisable numbers and letters.

The only thing recognisable is the cost and so I then have to go cross referencing to my emails to find the correct email from eBay. How can I get back to having relevant PayPal receipts/invoices please?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CPB12 

Sadly you don't get that information anymore since ebay started its own ''ebay managed payments''.

This is because even though you pay a seller via paypal its ebay you are paying and not the seller.

Ebay pay the seller direct to their bank account now so as ebay are being sent your payment then ebay is in fact your seller as regards your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CPB12 

Sadly you don't get that information anymore since ebay started its own ''ebay managed payments''.

This is because even though you pay a seller via paypal its ebay you are paying and not the seller.

Ebay pay the seller direct to their bank account now so as ebay are being sent your payment then ebay is in fact your seller as regards your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CPB12
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much for the response and explanation, both are much appreciated.

Obviously I'm going to have to try and get some commonsense from eBay, but I won't be holding my breath!

With my best wishes

CB

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.